After many requests I am running a Zoom workshop in which we will use the Cyanotype sunprinting technique onto fabric. All my workshops (real and online) have sold-out, so this is likely to be in high demand. There are only 5 places that will be offered first to previous parcipitants. If you have not done one of my workshops before but have photo experience get in touch.
Coating fabric is tricky and expensive as it absorbs a lot of chemicals, but I will do that part for you. Each kit contains:
- 2 x A5 coated paper test sheets
- 2 x coated fabric test strips
- 2 x A4 coated fabric sheets
- Recycled packaging and delivery
- Zoom workshop
- Gloves, pegs
Online Cyanotype with Fabric Workshop
Workshop on Zoom Fri 14th Aug 2.30-4.30pm. With a Kit posted or hand delivered to you
OPTIONAL Additional coated fabric squares 15″x15″
I am aware that some people may want larger pieces of sensitized fabric, such as for cushion making. So I am also giving you the option to order these for use after the workshop. Max 2 per participant.
You will also need:
- A4 printing frame from previous workshop, or an A4 clipframe
- access to Wifi, Zoom, a sink, a sunny spot outdoors
- Some plants and/or paper cut outs to experiment with
- Demo of how to coat material from powdered chemicals (the powdered chemicals are prohibited by Royal Mail but you can watch me mix them)
- Some examples of Cyanotype on fabric
- Info on which fabrics can and can’t be used and how to prep them.
- Printing garments
- Testing with paper
- Testing with fabric
- Printing on fabric
- Rinsing, drying
- How to care for your printed fabrics
The class runs for 2hrs, including a 20-30mins break so you can get some solid printing time and grab refreshments. We’ll get best results and plentiful prints if the sun is shining, but we should get something even on a dull day. You are welcome to save pieces from your kit for a sunny day.